EV Charging for Ireland’s National Parks & Wildlife Service
Location: Ireland’s National Parks
Objective: To provide an EV Charging solution to suit Ireland’s National Parks
Installer: Multiple installers on the EVBox Installer Partner network
In the past few years, the range of electric cars has been the biggest obstacle to every driver. Today, this is no longer a barrier. New models of fully electric cars have a range of over 300Km on a single charge, more than enough for everyday commuting.
The National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) play a very important role in the preservation and enhancement of Ireland’s national parks. Their responsibilities reach far and wide across the country and below are some of the area’s where they focus on:
- To secure the conservation of a representative range of ecosystems to maintain and enhance populations of flora and fauna in Ireland.
- To designate and advise on the protection of habitats and species identified for nature conservation.
- To make the necessary arrangements for the implementation of National and EU legislation and policies for nature conservation and biodiversity including the EU Habitats and Birds Directives, and for the ratification and implementation of the range of international Conventions and Agreements relating to the natural heritage.
- To manage, maintain and develop State-owned National Parks and Nature Reserves.
- To promote awareness of natural heritage and biodiversity issues through education, outreach to schools and engaging with stakeholders.
About the Project
In conjunction with the National Parks and Wildlife Service and their goal to promote public awareness of natural heritage, we were engaged in providing EV chargers across their National Parks to facilitate the growing number of Electric Cars on Irish roads! We duly obliged and worked closely with electrical contractors to make sure we were supplying the correct EV charger for the local national park.
It illustrated the National Parks drive to encourage people to go green, which is a staple pillar of their mission to sustain national heritage and look after their parks nationwide!
- O’Hara Harrison (Glenveagh, Donegal)
- Wyse Electrics (Wicklow)
- PV Generation (Killarney, Kerry)
- SES Electrical (Ballycroy, Mayo)
- Skyline Solar (Connemara)
Kellihers Electrical supplied:
- Glenveagh National Park, Donegal
- Ballycroy National Park, Mayo
- Connemara National Park, Galway
- Wicklow Mountains National Park
- Killarney National Park
Each site got the same unit, and it was the fully featured version of the Business Line with the below product specifications:
- 1no. x dual Businessline socket was installed at each site
- Each charger cloud connected to the local 3G/4G network
- Full remote access and monitoring platform
- CE Certified
- Type 2 Connector type
About EV Box
EVBox is one of the largest electric vehicle charger suppliers in the world, with over 50,000 units installed worldwide. The company specialises in ‘smart’ charging, with WiFi/GPRS enabled chargers, users can monitor and restrict access to their charge point, and EV-Box can provide technical support remotely. Business users can also automatically reimburse staff for charging company electric vehicles, whilst they are charged at their staff members home.